Subtitle: YOU, TOO, COULD HAVE IT ALL!
This has been one of those weeks where it feels like I’ve accomplished nothing, because instead of completing any particular large project, I’ve taken care of the zillion little tasks that keep a household running smoothly. Individually, they seem like nothing. Collectively, my entire week has vanished!
- School shopping
- Follow-up questions to preschool because I haven’t done this before
- Additional school shopping because yup, should have asked those questions earlier
- Service appointment for Car 1
- Paperwork and stickers for Car 2
- Return package to post office
- Follow up on refund for old gift cards (I want my money dangit)
- Sort endless home refinance mail
- FILING CABINET
- Calk hallway chair railing
- Touch-up paint on various walls, baseboards, and door trim
- Several coats of paint on new cabinets
- Home Depot AGAIN??
- Grocery shopping AGAIN??
- Budgeting, bills, meal planning, agh
- Brief interlude with a rattlesnake on the deck?
- Brief interlude capturing and releasing a field mouse from under the couch, likely promptly eaten by said rattlesnake?
- Water the trees AGAIN??
And all the usual cooking and cleaning and bathing and puzzles and arts & crafts required by a toddler and a preschooler, who gamely joined me on all of these errands because their dad is out of town for the week.
ANYWAY I’M TIRED.
Somehow, despite all of that, I managed to do all of my Hugo Award voting, polished a couple of short stories and started their submission journey, and added 3K to my next book. I was hoping for 7K, but the universe had a good laugh at the sound of that, so I’ll have to settle for 3!
I leave you my new nemesis, the snek:
These photos were taken through fence slats and a window respectively, because DUH, I’m not going to be the bozo who dies taking a selfie with a snake.
Alas, I did not get a picture of the couch mouse, because, well, they JUMP.
Also, I think I need to repaint that fence.